Sider

lørdag 6. oktober 2012

A crop, some rendez-vous and a mixed media canvas :-)

A while ago my Swedish scrap friend Petra aka Pysselpetra, asked me if I wanted to join her on a Swedish scrap convention arranged by the Swedish magazine Inzpira. I said yes and decided to take a classed in mixed media, too.

So last Saturday morning I jumped in the car and drove down to Petra, a 5 1/2 hour drive. We spent the afternoon and evening chattting, scrapping and testing out her new Teresa Collins Stamp Maker (Petra is on the Photocentric DT) - a mini crop for just the two of us.


Me working on CSI file #39


Early next morning we drove to the convention, did some shopping and took the classed in mixed media. It was so much fun - messing with mod podge, mist and gesso, stamping and using rub ons. Here is what I made:



I just love the structure the gesso give!



Rubons from Kaiserkraft

During the class we made some folded stars to go along with the canvas, but in my opinion they didn't fit the rest of the design/style, so I never added them - I knew I had this little duck at home which I wanted to use.


But a scrap covention is nothing without meeting scrappy friends. This time I was lucky to meet some of the Sweedish Nookers, like Zarah P and Bente Fagerberg. If you think they are sweet online, I can tell they ar even better IRL!


Petra, Hilde, Bente, Zarah


Have you had the chance to meet online friends IRL?
Do you ever take classes?

5 kommentarer:

pysselpetra sa...

It was great having a mini crop with you Hilde ♥ You are welcome back anytime. Your canvas rocks with the cool duck maby you should tell the instructor to use ducks instead of stars *LOL*

Zarah sa...

That canvas kicks butt! AWESOME!
Next time around, let's gettogether all of us and have a girls scrap/chat/wine night? :D

Sherri sa...

So, so, so wish I could have been there. Looks like you ladies really enjoyed being together. Love your stamping, gesso, playing around too :)

Bente Fagerberg sa...

So lovely meeting you and the other gals Hilde. We must do it again... I am definitely going along with Zarah on the crop wine dine chat thingy...
Your canvas is cool and I love the cheeky little duck instead of the stars!! !ake care!!

LG sa...

that is one beautiful canvas Hilde!!!! WOW!!! So happy you were able to meet with those lovely ladies and had fun!