Sider

mandag 12. september 2011

More pink - with a dash of green

As I said in this post, I find it difficult with scrapping the color pink. Not because I don't like pink - I love pink in fact, but because most of my scrap subjects are masculine.

But sometimes it comes quite natural. I had this photo of DS8 an my dog in the woods, watching themselves in a mirror (I have no idea why anyone would carry and leave a mirror just there, it's far from the nearest road, but that's another story). And I had this bunch of beautiful patterned papers frome the Crate Random collection - they were in MyScrapbooknook's September kit, perfect for the photo. Some of the yellow and green ones matched the photo perfectly, but it turned out quite boring - too matching.

So I started shuffling the different papers around - and found that the pink ones were the perfect contrast to the green in the photo - and that the pink wood grained pattern emhasized the theme of the layout - why anyone would leave a mirror in the woods.

Tiltle: Mirror, mirror, on the wall...




Matching green and pink is not exactly very innovative when it comes to scrappy color combos, but for me, personally,  it's new. What about you, have you had any Eureka! experiences lately? Colors? Tecnique? style?

9 kommentarer:

Unknown sa...

Beautiful page love your picture scoobie looks so cool!!
byebye,Lean

Rachael Funnell sa...

You difficult to scrap with PINK!!!
I think NOT....
A totally Gorgeous Layout...
LOVE it!! xx

Unknown sa...

No Eureka moments for me...except my kitten, Eureka!!! Haha! Love this layout and all of the fabulous colors!

marianne sa...

So pretty! Love the green and pink!

Annika sa...

Lovely layout! Love the happy colors!

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy sa...

Way to go girl! Another beautiful pink sensation! See Hilde you just rock, that is all! As to new techniques, yep I tried something new - tie-dye. It is up on my blog.:)

Elisabeth Helland sa...

soooo cute! love the details and colors! nice one! tfs....

pysselpetra sa...

så fin ♥

Lilith Eeckels sa...

This is fabulous. You scrap pink and green so well!