Sider

torsdag 10. mars 2011

How romantic...

I need to show you the photo from the challenge promt at Get Picky and the words following:

Welcome to this month's inspiration challenge prompt. We decided to embrace all things romantic with this gorgeous image below...who wouldn't want to come home to this....





When I saw this challenge I though NO WAY I can do this: there is so little pink and baby blue in my life (I'm the mum of two BOYS!) and leaving on a jet plane for a romantic weekend with hubby hasn't been possible for the past years!

But wait! There is a bed in that photo! And a lot of white! And I have some Sleepy Head photos! So I pulled out my pink and blue papers and a LOT of rubons and made a layout! Honestly I don't my layout would have looked like this if it wasn't for the get Picky challenge, but I love the way it turned out!





So you think I failed the challenge because my layout is not about romance? It is! Or about the lack of it, it is beetween the lines in the journaling: "Vacations are not all about action and exploring, but also about lazy mornngs - and never ending discussions in the evenings about who is sleeping where - like in the extra bed which is in the drawer under the sofa. This particular night M lost..."
Well, from experience I have learned that the queen size bed not necessarely is the most comfy bed in the appartment, the extra bed might be just as good or even better, but sleeping in a drawer, with the hubby snoring on the coach, isn't very romantic :-)

11 kommentarer:

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer sa...

Hilde you certainly have not failed the challenge!! This is awesome! I love how you interpreted it ;) Great layout!

Nadia Cannizzo sa...

Awwwwww....thanks for your beautiful comment on my blog *blush*...:o) You really just made my day...Wish the Nook forum was up ...missing you guys. Wanted to ask about your holiday too! Anyway....you didnt fail this challenge at all..I really do love your take on the inspiration pic! Hope to talk soon, Nadia.

Anonym sa...

I love it Hilde! It is so clean and peaceful.

LG sa...

Love your interpretation!

Unknown sa...

i thinks its a cool take on the challenge and i love your page its a beauty..
happy weekend [i hope some romanche ..lol...]byeeeeeeeeeeeee

Carol sa...

ha!!!! love your take on the challenge. love the use of rub ons....I think they are making a come back ;)

Anonym sa...

Love this girl - and you totally rocked the challenge!! :D

Nikki xx sa...

I love your interpretation of our pic Hilde :):):) Your layout is fosr sharing it!

Trudi Harrison sa...

Gosh, LOVE where the inspiration took you. Fabulous, just FABULOUS

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy sa...

Very cool take Hilde! Love it!:)

Lou sa...

Fabulous LO and inspiration!! Love this!
Lou x