Sider

onsdag 5. januar 2011

Top 10 2010

Picking the Top10 layouts for 2010 was just as hard as I expected - I love (almost) all of my layouts, there is something in each of them. But I managed to pick ten finally, and here they are, sorted in chronological order. And I'll tell you why they mean something special to me (all images are clickable to see them larger).



This is a cardstock-and paint-only layout I made just because. The colors and the theme in this photo of DS7 gave me no other option than focusing on winter and the color white.





When we returned from our easter break, all the snow was gone in our garden, and the kids found out it was the perfect time to build a tree hut. At this time of 2010 I experimented with two pagers, and I love the flow on this one.





So how do you scrap photos from a stunt show? I had these photos laying on my desk for a long time, until I suddenly got an idea. Ok, it's may be not the perfect layout, but it was the first time I worked with small pieces of patterned papers.





I love the mix of blocking and softer lines on this layout!





I strongly believe this design emphasizes the photo. If I should pick my Layout Of the Year, I think this might be the one. I think this was the first time I did my journaling directly on to the bakground paper, too.





This papers are from a kit and I seriously disliked them: not my colors, not my style. I was very tempted to just give them away. But then I shot this photo of DS7 and voila! those papers were perfect. Lesson learned: Never give away anything :-)





In 2009 I won a prize at Kaiserkraft's which included the whole Offshore collection. Over the year I had spent almost all of the papers, there were just scraps left, but I still had plenty of the embellies left. They were too good to just toss out, so I challenged myself to spend it all on one layout - no "less is more". I'm very happy how it turned out!







I have plenty of photos from the golf course and lots of them are taken on long distance (you don't want to disturb a golf player when he plays, right?) and those photos are hard to scrap. I really loved all the green on this photo, so I grabbed some old matching stickers I had, and worked from there. Lesson learned? It's ok to start with the embellies, and then chose papers.





I just love how this one turned out - the mix of fancy ladies on the chipboard stickers and the photos of us mums when we went tree climbing - it makes me smile





And then I got this urge to make something pretty. I had two packages of bling/pearl swirls laying around but just five flowers, so I even had to make the fluffy part on the red large one myself. I was shocked to find out I could do pretty layouts...





Seeing all these layouts together, made me realize I have found my scrapping style. I don't know what it's called, and I am sure I will continue to experiment through 2011, so I am quite excited to see in which the style develops through the upcoming year.

Thank you for taking your time to look at my work!

4 kommentarer:

Sandy Ang sa...

Such wonderfully inspirational LOs! my fav has to be your 2-pager, what does the title say ?
Wishing you a very happy and creative 2011.

Maja Stokk / eyovine sa...

Gillar dina layouter och framför allt att du lyckas scrappa händelser. Jag har hur mycket foton som helst liggande från olika saker vi gjort tillsammans men kan inte få till det! Det slutar alltid med ett porträtt foto ;D

Kramiz Maja

Nenne sa...

Så coolt, gillar verkligen ditt sätt att hitta på egna lösningar opch det man kan se är raka linjer och rätt mycket färger med kort som verkligen betyder något för dig - DET gillar jag och tar med mig härifrån! TACK!

Stor klem!

pysselpetra sa...

Gillar alla dina top10 men allra mest "på cruise" och "born on december24" de är fantastiska fast på 2 helt olika sätt!
ser redan fram emot din top10 - 2011 ;)
/Petra